Clan Warfare
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wft peoples

2 posters

Go down

Wft peoples Empty Wft peoples

Post  TheMrJACKman12 Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:29 pm

Whats with the server downage I am aware of screwballs computer fucking upness but I was wondering what the problem was or if that was it

TheMrJACKman12

Back to top Go down

Wft peoples Empty Re: Wft peoples

Post  overmortal Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:16 am

Here's the story. The server is hosted on my home computer. My internet connection was the only one we had capable of running a reliable server, and my computer the most powerful.

Last week, my Internet Service Provider performed some "upgrades" that left my internet down for one night. When it came back up, my ports would not open so that people could log onto the server. After several e-mails and a few calls, nothing got resolved. By a stroke of luck, I changed a couple settings on my router, and the server was up for roughly a day. Then, my internet connection began crapping out, repeatedly. Not just the server ports, but my entire internet connection. As is, when I'm home, I get about three minutes of internet access every fifteen minutes. I do not know why, currently. I think it may be my router.

So, my next step is to purchase a new router. Those are pricey, btw. If that does not work, I will have to hire a server to host us. This, again, is expensive. And, with craftbukkit not functioning as well as it needs to, I really don't see much point in shelling out a lot of money to play glitchy minecraft.

Also, I work 60 hours a week, currently. And, in less than four months, I'll be getting married, and my gaming time will diminish accordingly (and rightfully so!)

SO, hopefully a router may fix the issue. Beyond that, it may just be an intermittent thing for a while. Sincere apologies to all who are disappointed by the outages, but that's just how it is for now.

overmortal

Back to top Go down

Post  overmortal Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:09 am

Back up, for the moment. This is subject to change at any time. My IP address, also, is subject to change at any time, often without my knowledge or consent. Which is entirely fail.

overmortal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum